Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Course Goals

1. I would like to take the initiative to talk to my CT about teaching as much as possible in the classroom. In order to fufill this goal, I will talk to my CT about what she is comfortable allowing me to take control of throughout the day. I will offer my help to her whenever she needs it as well, so that I am never standing around unless necessary. 

2. I want to incorporate some classroom management techniques we have learned throughout our teaching experience at ISU. Mainly, I would like to teach and use attention getters with my students. My CT last semester used them and it worked really well with the students, so I would love to teach older kids them as well because I think they would enjoy it. 

3. I want to use my classmates, CT, and other resources more often for help throughout the semester. It is important now and for the future to learn how to bounce ideas off of each other, so that I can come up with more creative and different lesson ideas. It will also help me learn to work with others and seek out help when needed.

4. I would like to improve my lesson plan writing skills. I sometimes write detailed lesson plans, but I would like to know how to write a detailed, accurate lesson plan. I think with the help of you and my classmates, I could improve in this area throughout the semester. 

2 comments:

  1. Jori, these are strong goals for the semester--well-written, clear, and specific. I promise to support you in each of these, and hopefully tomorrow will give you some good tools for Goal #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with all of your course goals, specifically numbers 3 and 4. It would be so much more useful to use the resources we have available, such as other classmates and professors. Also, I too seem to write very detailed lesson plans when it is not always necessary, so I hope to learn more about writing shorter lesson plans but still with all of the important and necessary information.

    ReplyDelete